Tuesday, August 18, 2009

13 Years to Go

So the current WalMart commercials featuring the mom dropping her teenage daughter off at college for the first time are making me cry every time they come on the TV. Have I mentioned that my daughters are currently THREE AND FIVE? Uh, yeah. And here I am already sniffling at the prospect of one day sending them off to college.

Oh, and for the record: I have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER being that crazy apron-strings kind of mom who says to her children, "You're only allowed to go to college at one of the two schools in our own town, so I can continue to see you as often as possible."

They've been warned.

2 comments:

Mnmom said...

You and me both. Jean is talking about going to college in New York. While I wouldn't dream of holding her back, it's breaking my heart just thinking about it.

Christopher Tassava said...

Given the economic advantages which should be in play if our girls go to one of Northfield's schools, this won't just be "crazy apron-strings" mothering, it'll also be a sound financial decision.