Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Mojo is Napping.

I figured out where my exercise mojo went.

It's fast asleep. It's tired! After all, this is the first time since Julia was an infant that my days are pretty much nonstop from 6 a.m. on (she was a terrible napper; as a newborn she hardly slept at all). Sure, it's AWESOME to have Genevieve conk out at 7 p.m. and go to sleep without an hour or two of crying every night (and Julia's so tired from kindergarten that she goes to sleep then too), but with no naptime break my daylight hours are a total marathon. Some days the only time I sit down is the 15 minutes it takes to eat a lunchtime sandwich with the girls (if you count getting up every 30 seconds to get something for someone "sitting down to eat a sandwich"). By the time Christopher comes home from work and dinner is on the table, I'm so tired I can hardly stand, let alone go for a run. And that's WITH going to bed at 9 every night, people!

It's been three weeks since we eliminated naptime in this house. I hope I survive the transition with my runner's legs intact! It's looking a little dicey, to be perfectly honest.

1 comment:

Donna said...

You will build your 'endurance', just as Julia will build hers, as your family adjusts to the new schedule. In the meantime, hang in there!