Thursday, January 14, 2010

Book Buzz

In the past four weeks, the following things in our house have broken: the furnace, the dining-room vertical blinds, a kitchen drawer, and the kitchen faucet. Apparently the current shelf life for a house these days is nine years. Then everything starts to fall apart.

Lest you think everything here is doom and gloom, my fellow mama-writer Sheri over at CafeMom just wrote a little blurb about What I Didn't Say: Unsent Letters to Our Female Friends, the anthology I was published in last fall, and even singled out my essay among a handful of mom-focused essays. Thanks, Sheri!

1 comment:

Mary S. said...

Our house managed to hold on for 10 years. In the last few months, we have replaced the ventilation system, the hot-water heater (neither of them a cheap job),and our vaccum and had repairs on the dryer. The guy who replaced the hot water heater told me "new house" appliances tend to last about 10 years. So much for building things to last...