Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Dear Land's End: You'd Better Deliver or my Five-Year-Old Will Come After You

[Note: I received some slippers from Land's End for my birthday yesterday, a pair that I had fully researched and requested and dutifully checked the size chart regarding, and specifically directed my kind husband to order. The slippers are mysteriously very tight, despite the fact that the size is supposed to fit people with shoe sizes a full size and a half larger than mine.]

Conversation over breakfast today:

Me: You know, I think I'm going to have to try to exchange those slippers for the next size up. They shouldn't charge us shipping if we're still buying the slippers, just asking for a different size.

Julia: But last night you said you'd go with them! I think you should just go with them.

Me: But I realized they'll never fit me with socks on. I wanted slippers to wear with socks in the winter, like little indoor shoes.

Julia: But....the bigger ones will be too big! I think you should just go with these. You could stretch them!

Me: I think the bigger ones will fit better than these. These are too tight! I can't figure out how to stretch them. I think I need to exchange them.

Julia: But....I don't think the company will help you. You said you don't have the box anymore!

Me: I think they will. They're a good company. It will be fine.

Julia: Are you SURE, Mama?

Me: I'm sure.

Julia (dubiously): .....I don't know. I have a bad feeling about this.

1 comment:

Lands'End said...

Good morning!

We would like to make this situation right. Could you email us at socialmedia@landsend.com?

We look forward to your response.

Lands' End