Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Old Computer is Really, Really Slow.

Hi, everyone. So listen, our "good" laptop is in the shop, so doing anything on the computer is kind of a pain right now, which is why I'm not writing as much this week. Be patient with me and I'm sure I'll have more up here soon. In the meantime, short story:

  • Giving up sugar is the worst idea ever. Unless you enjoy misery, detox, and deprivation.
  • It's hard to work on your book when your ("good") computer is broken.
  • Why is it -5 degrees this close to March? Why?
  • Completing an extra-long run (6 miles) over the weekend just to see if you can is only satisfying if it does not derail you from your normal workout schedule for the entire rest of the week as you hobble around complaining of feeling fatigued and sore and too tired to run.
  • I thought a sugar fast, a new running schedule, and working hard on a book would be sufficient projects to enliven and energize me during this grim stretch of interminable winter. Sadly, I was wrong.
  • I miss sugar.

4 comments:

Question said...

Are you eating yogurt? I just bought Yogurt Delights Parfait in Raspberry/Chocolate. Quite yummy and gets rid of the sugar craving.

Shan said...

Mmmmm, I'll have to try those, Question. They sound good.

Question said...

I mistyped. They are Yoplait Delights Parfait. There are other flavors too.

Mnmom said...

NOTHING mitigates late winter, except the onset of Spring. It'll be over 35 this weekend, that's a start.