Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Little Reminder of Why I Do This Job

Earlier tonight, out of the blue, Genevieve asked me why I'm a stay-at-home mom. I told her it's because I want to be the one to take care of her all day, that if I went to work I'd have to bring her to daycare. She didn't know what daycare was, so I explained.

A little later on, she gave me a little note she'd written. It said, "I love you I don't want you to go to work and I don't want me to go to daycare To Mama From Genevieve."

Oh my goodness! Sad! Cute!

In other news, Genevieve has finally begun to sleep through the night. At 3-1/2 years old.

Things are looking up, people!

4 comments:

Anne said...

That's so sweet! And how lovely with some rest.

Rita Ortloff said...

I forget sometimes to be thankful that I have the priviledge to stay home with my kids. Not many mommas have the luxury.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps G is starting to see things a little differently knowing daycare is out there. Maybe she's gonna give you a break from now on!

Shan said...

Ha ha ha, Anonymous! So funny--I think you may be right. I hadn't thought of that. ;)