Friday, August 13, 2010

Birthday Prep

Four years ago I looked like this:

I swear you couldn't even tell I was pregnant from the back.


And we were waiting for this:


It's not quite Genevieve's 4th birthday yet, but today is her family birthday party at her grandma and grandpa's house. She has grown nearly two inches this summer and is able to read chapter books labeled "reading level: age 8-9." Of course, she also does not yet reliably sleep through the night and sometimes still likes to ride in the stroller.

Tonight there will be a Clifford cake, ice cream, and the subsequent sugar high. It is also our 15th wedding anniversary, if you can believe that.

I feel rather old all of a sudden.

4 comments:

Mnmom said...

Happy Birthday Little One! Who knew this little pistol was about to enter your lives. And what would you do without her antics?

Angel said...

Happy Birthday Vivi! Grace, Cooper, and Liam wish you a happy happy birthday! :)

And happy anniversary Shannon & Christopher! Hope you find time to celebrate too!

Rita said...

Remind me to show you a picture of ME when I was pregnant.

Because you? There with that little basket ball in your shirt?

Yeah. That's no fair.

I was the size of a volkswagen.

Srsly.

Shan said...

Rita, you are too funny. I'll have you know that four years ago when my sister-in-law saw that photo, HER response was, "Are you sure you're not having twins?" Nice!!!