Friday, August 06, 2010

Target.com Really Needs to Hire Me

So, now that I've had my typical early-August mild freakout regarding the beginning of school, I can move on and attempt to look at the imminent new school year in a more positive light. Here's one way:



Surely you remember my love affair last autumn with the mom-themed Target commercials using the Minnutes song "More to Luv" as their soundtrack? I mean, seriously, how cute was this?:



People, seriously: Target needs to hire me. What are they thinking? I would be the perfect person to write a mom-demographic blog for Target.com. They need one. After all, who do you think is the largest Target-shopper demographic? Moms. Who does most of the family shopping in this country? Moms. Who typically manages the budget, and is therefore constantly thinking about what's economical, a good value, cute, yet durable? Moms. Who has spent enough money at Target in the last six years to fund the infrastructure of a small nation? Me.

Target.com needs a regular, mom-targeted (no pun intended) blog covering kid and mom style trends, family shopping needs, and how Target lets moms stay on budget, in style, and on time as they live their busy work-and-family-focused lives. And how to keep the kids happy, with hip duds and cute lunch bags and just the right water bottle. I could do all this. If anyone has any connections with Target corporate, let me know. They need me. They just don't know it yet.

And as a final treat to get your (late-summer, almost-school) weekend off right, here's the cutest thing since baby bunnies. If this doesn't put a back-to-school smile on your face, nothing will. Enjoy:



Oh, and Target? E-mail me.

7 comments:

Donna said...

"They need me. They just don't know it yet."

You rock, Shannon.

Joanna said...

You should try a Facebook campaign, Betty White style. Or just start your own Target blog and hope they eventually pay you. I'd read it. I'm a mom. I'm a Target devotee. I know others and I'll send them your way :)

Good Luck!

Mnmom said...

I'm hatin' on Target right now since it came out they are backing Tom Emmer for MN Gov and gave money to the Prop 8 backers. For now, they've lost THIS Mom. And it hurts because I LOVE MY TARGET!!!

Ameena said...

You are such a great writer...Target definitely does need you! I love your humor, and your kids are adorable!

Mom said...

Copy this entry and send it to Target Corporate HQ: Attn: Marketing Division! Add a cover letter and a brief resume'. You never know!

Maggie said...

Hey Mama in a Wonderland! What is your email address?

Shan said...

Hey Maggie, it's shannon@tassava.com. :)