Thursday, August 12, 2010

Yes, I Am Aware That it is One in the Morning. GAH.

Oh, hey. I'm up north for a little bit. I was in a car today for six hours with two children under seven. The baby turns four in a few days, and don't worry, there will be a photo or two. But right now I'm gone, and I'm also tired (but not sleeping). So, um....leave your comments below about school lunch boxes. Or don't. Hey, I know: go and look at this. An Internet friend of mine sent me this link when she read my popover post. Are you totally drooling now? I am dying to make these.

I have to go now. I'm late for my next bout of insomnia. Also the baby is due to wake up and cry any second now. Oh, yeah, I forgot: the baby is turning four in a few days, so she's not a baby anymore. SO WHY DOES SHE STILL NOT SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT I'D LIKE TO KNOW?

Peace out, people. Talk to you in a few days, when I'll be eating a Clifford the Big Red Dog cake and homemade ice-cream sandwiches. Don't worry. I'll tell you all about it.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Totally unrelated...Hi! I'm a regular reader, and I saw today via Grammar Girl on Facebook (phew!) that Penguin is taking unsolicited ms submissions until the end of October. I have no idea if Penguin would be a good fit for you or if you’re anywhere near ready to send something off, but just in case here’s the details from their site:

People frequently ask us how to go about getting published. Our company policy is to not accept unsolicited manuscripts or synopses and we cannot enter into correspondence about unpublished work. However, for a limited three-month period from the beginning of August until the end of October 2010, we will be inviting submissions to be sent in electronically to the following address: submissions@uk.penguingroup.com.
We ask that email submissions comprise a brief covering note and synopsis and not a full manuscripts. Please do not send attachments, please write out your cover note and synopsis in the body of the email. We remain unable to accept hard copy submissions and will not return or be responsible for the safety of any that we do receive, so please do not send any original or hard copy manuscripts to us. We will not contact you with feedback on your submission and will only enter into email correspondence with you if an editor within Penguin is keen to progress your idea.