Thursday, September 30, 2010

I said "CARP." C-A-R-P.

It has been a rather blissful week here in Wonderland. Because the rain finally stopped and the sun came out and this has halted the flood, the whole town has seemed bathed in autumnal perfection. The leaves are rapidly turning, and so far this week every day has been sunny, crisp, and about 70 degrees by afternoon. This has meant after-school meet-ups at the park with friends, playdates in the backyard, lunch picnics, and the kind of runs that make runners love running. Ahhhh.....

However, we do have carp on the sidewalk downtown. No, not crap. CARP. As in the FISH. Seriously.

Also, I went to the eye doctor yesterday and found out that my adult-onset (ragweed? pollen? what?) allergies trouble my sensitive eyes so badly it's a miracle I can see at all. (Don't worry. I got some eye drops, and my doctor swears my eyesight and eye health are great otherwise. I mean, with the help of my super-strong contact lenses to counteract the near-blindness nearsightedness. When I win the lottery, I'm getting LASIK for SURE.)

And now I am off for breakfast/a.m. snack with Genevieve downtown at my favorite coffeeshop (I will be sure to avoid any carp I might encounter), followed by storytime at the library and the hunt for a kids' movie to watch tomorrow evening for Family Movie Night after our biweekly visit to the farm. Of course for us, Movie "Night" should more accurately be called "Movie Late Afternoon or Early Evening," since we eat dinner early and put our kids to bed around 7. But it's still fun to eat popcorn in the living room with pajama'ed children while watching cartoons.

Isn't my life exciting? You're welcome for this perfunctory, ho-hum post. Happy almost-weekend! Have your own Movie Night tomorrow, why don't you? It's fun.

2 comments:

Mommy Lisa said...

I am always AMAZED when I hear that people put their kids to bed at 7pm. How do you do it? Seriously.

I don't get home some nights until 6...

Shan said...

Mommy Lisa, we can do it b/c I'm a stay at home mom. We eat dinner at 5 (immediately after my husband arrives home), then evening stuff, then bed. Also this is b/c my daughters are not napping. (One in 1st grade, the other usually having quiet time.) So they are ready for bed at 7! Although yesterday Genevieve needed to nap so I let them both stay up till 7:45. Too late. Julia was very sleepy this a.m. before school.