Monday, September 06, 2010

So Long, Summer; Hello, Schedule

Yep, it's that time of year again. The time of year when I reluctantly face the fact that I can no longer get up when my kids happen to, leisurely drink coffee while listening to the news on NPR and watching my children eat breakfast with uncombed hair, and stay in my pajamas until after Sid the Science Kid.

Tomorrow it's back to school, and that means the early bus stop. And with that, I bring you a reprise of this post from last September during the first week of school. Remember this conversation?:

(Wednesday, September 09, 2009)

Me: Oh my goodness, I am NOT liking this business about having to be up, dressed, and appropriately groomed by 7:55 a.m. for the kindergarten bus stop.

Friend: What? YOU don't have to be ready for the day; only Julia does. You can go back inside and get ready after the bus leaves.

Me: No. I'm out there with my neighbor, who is always totally dressed and looking nice, obviously ready to start her day. I can't be out there at the bus stop in my pajama pants and bathrobe with uncombed hair and no makeup! You want me to be THAT mom?

Friend: I should be your neighbor! I'D be that mom, and then you wouldn't care about being outside in your bathrobe on the sidewalk with your neighbor!

Me: Ha! But you're not.

Friend: I guarantee, in one month you'll be over it. You'll be out there in whatever, coffee cup in hand.

Me: You're probably right.

4 comments:

Mnmom said...

Oh how I miss little girls eating breakfast in pj's and uncombed hair.

I'm the Mom who DROVE them to school in my pj's and bedhead.

If you aren't "that Mom" by this year I'm reporting you. That other Mom is just an overachiever.

Shan said...

Hee hee hee....now my bus stop mom friends are going to wonder which one of them I was talking about, back when I hardly knew them. ;)

Angel said...

Haha, I KNOW it isn't this bus stop mom, as I'm barely one step past my pj's at 8 am. :) See you tomorrow morning!

Shan said...

Nervous, Angel, nervous!