Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Water's Rising

Sorry I have not been posting, people. We have been having A FLOOD in my town. A flood which occurred so suddenly that we are all still reeling. It was caused by 3 days of nonstop rain, but the flood itself--when the river overflowed its banks and sent our downtown, riverside parks, college football field and stadium, streets, and RiverWalk, underwater--happened all at once. Want to see? Check out this graph of the height of the river over the past several days. (Thanks to my friend Rob for the graph) Notice the EXTREMELY HIGH JUMP at the far right side???

(Click on the graph to enlarge)

OMG.

And here's one of many great photos taken by our friend and fellow Northfielder Doug Bratland:


OMG!

3 comments:

Rita said...

Oh my goodness! Are you guys OK?
Did your house sustain damage?

Shan said...

Oops, I suppose I should have mentioned we don't live by the river. We are fine!

Donna said...

Wow. That picture is incredible.

Glad you are okay; hope things can return to normal downtown soon.