Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Wore a Parka to School Drop-Off Today. With a Hood. Also a Winter Scarf. And Gloves.

OK, um, it is snowing right now. Also, the winds have been hurricane-strong (i.e. 50-60 mph) for almost 24 hours. For anyone keeping track, six days ago it was 70 degrees and I was wearing a sundress. OK then.

In other news, this is what my mom had to say about the amount of homework I had when I was in first grade:

"In thinking some more about it, I really think homework as such didn't start until third grade when you went to school. Which is as it should still be! That's plenty of time!! Kids need time to PLAY and just to BE!"

Just to clarify, I HAVE A PH.D. So, you know, I'm pretty sure that the fact that I didn't have homework at age six didn't do me any harm.

No comments: