Friday, October 08, 2010

Walk the Walk

I can't believe how little I've written here lately. Well, today will be no exception. It is Walk-a-Thon day at my daughter's elementary school. That means the classes all walk around the soccer fields outside the school, first each grade at their own time during the day, and then with the whole school and everyone's families at the end of the afternoon. Parents can come and walk with their kids' classrooms in addition to the all-school/all-family walk at the end of the day, which I will be doing. It's a fundraiser, but a nice, good one: instead of selling cookie dough or wrapping paper, students ask for a flat donation, then spend a sunny gorgeous October Friday out in the fresh air, getting exercise, feeling proud of themselves and their school, and then sharing the whole experience with the families of this neighborhood school. Gotta love that.

Anyway, all this means that I don't have any free time today. While Genevieve is at preschool, I'll be meeting up with Julia's first-grade class to walk with them this morning. Later today I'll bring Genevieve to the school and the three of us will walk again. My daughters are super-excited.

It's a good excuse to not be writing, though, isn't it?

Hmmm, maybe shouldn't have done a super-hard, hilly, six-mile trail run last evening, the night before the Walk-a-Thon. Because for me it might end up being a Hobble-a-Thon.

Walk on!

1 comment:

Mnmom said...

I loved that walk-a-thon! And they raised MORE money than any silly selling venture ever did