Thursday, October 28, 2010

You Think You Don't Care About My Hair. But I Know You Really Do.

Why no, the fact that it is suddenly apparently winter and soon we'll turn the clocks back and then it will be dark at 5 p.m. and last night I resigned myself and allowed my hairstylist to cut two MORE inches off my hair in order to save it from total destruction, bringing the total to FOUR INCHES IN TWO MONTHS and resulting in the most boringest of boring shoulder-length-long-layers-mom-haircut, no--that is NOT helping my mood, thank you for asking!

(Here's a tip for you: if you're a delicate Scandinavian with the requisite sensitive and fragile super-blonde hair, don't grow it really long, skip hair trims, spend every day outdoors in a harsh climate so that it dries out and becomes even more vulnerable, have babies and experience hormonal changes which alter the structure and texture of your hair forever, nor use any kind of heat-styling tool to do your hair in the mornings. In other words, just shave your head and be done with it.)

On the plus side, my hairstylist complimented my little-extra-weight loss and my outfit, and my six-year-old said, when she saw my short(er) hair in the morning, "I like it even better this way, Mama! You always look pretty." (And I didn't even encourage her to say that. Isn't she the sweetest thing?)

Also on the plus side: playdate this morning with two of my favorite friends. Also, the 60 mph category 3 hurricane (seriously) winds of the past two-days-long wind- and rain-storm have waned. To, you know, only 30 or 40 mph. I'm kidding. It's really 26. AND the snow that fell didn't stick, nor last, nor continue to fall.

Winter, weather, haircuts, playdates. Keeping it real, people! And probably a little boring. (Sorry!)

No, I'm not posting a picture of my new hair. Instead I am posting a photo of
the way I wish my hair still looked. Because I like to torture myself that way.



1 comment:

Rita said...

We girls and our hair. Are we ever really happy with it?

If it makes you feel better, at least your hair is CLEAN... Mine hasn't been washed SINCE MONDAY.

Can you smell me from there?