Monday, November 08, 2010

Blah Blah Blah Sick Blah Blah.

I'm so disappointed to be sick when my girls are off school. We had to cancel a previously-planned road trip today to visit a friend in another town who just had a new baby, and even though the weather here has been AMAZING (we're talking 60+ degrees and sun, in NOVEMBER), I haven't been able to take my daughters to the park or enjoy the backyard with them at all. It has just about killed me that I've had to sit out my last few "running days"--I normally run on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and sometimes Sundays)--because these could likely be the last nice days we have here until next April. (Or May!) Do you know how rare it is to be able to run with bare legs and no hat on a wooded trail in November in Minnesota? There have been years when it has snowed by now! Plus, we turned the clocks back on Saturday night, and now it's dark at the time I used to run in the woods, which means from now until spring I can pretty much say goodbye to my normal (beloved) running route. (I run the paved streets of my subdivision in the winter, where there are lights.) You can't run in real woods in the dark. I missed my last two chances to do my usual route. Boo!

In other news, Julia may have learned to ride a two-wheeler for real (again). (Some of you know that we have had several failed attempts in the past.) Can it be true? Only time will tell, but things are looking good. Thanks, Rita, for the tip about taking off the pedals for awhile first. Crazy, but it seems to work!

I would really love to be able to write something interesting and witty about being sick, parenting, going to Urgent Care at 9 a.m. on a Sunday, or the upcoming holiday season which is already on my mind thanks to toy catalogs and Christmas commercials and pumpkin pie recipes in magazines. But I'm afraid my muddled sick brain is not up to the task. Maybe some of you could write a witty or interesting comment, instead.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Um, I have NOTHING witty or interesting to say...

But if it makes you feel better, I'm hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year and I'm BUYING my entire meal from a local gourmet restaurant. When I tell my Very Southern Mother she is going to faint dead away.

Hope you get well soon!