Thursday, November 04, 2010

November. Blech.

I'm sick.

If you've read me for awhile, you know that I don't get sick often, but when I do, I really overachieve. It's like every fiber of my physical being is intent on winning the Most Sick Award. Oh, and also? I get violently ill from multi-symptom cold and flu medications. Something in them makes my stomach decide to attempt escape from the rest of my body. So I pretty much suck it up and power through. And take a lot of Advil for my pounding head, aching ears, and flaming-raw throat.

Ah, November. Not only is it the month in which fall transitions to winter and we turn the clocks back, thus plunging ourselves into darkness at the ungodly hour of When Shannon Runs, but now it's also plagued by illness.

No, I will not be running tonight. Not because of the chill wind or the imminent darkness, but because I will be lucky to be able to drag myself through the day with Genevieve, let alone go outside and run six miles on a rough and hilly trail. Um, no. However, this is making me even more disappointed, because normally my runs are some of the high points of my week. Plus there's all that Halloween candy to work off. Yes, I lost 15 pounds awhile ago, but my body has recently decided to reclaim five of them. It might have something to do with chocolate consumption. But I don't approve.

OK then! Have you had enough of me feeling sorry for myself?

I need a nice surprise. Anyone have one for me?

No comments: