Monday, November 01, 2010

Obligatory Halloween Photo for Grandparents and "Auntie" Veronica

Not the best picture in the world, but the only one I got---Little Red Riding Hood and a jack o'lantern:


Both girls are sick with colds and were in kind of a tired/sickly/crabby haze even before we went out to trick-or-treat (above), but in the end it all worked out. I have to tell you, Little Red Riding Hood = easiest costume in the world. It's like the Go-To Cute Costume For The Lazy Mom. A red hooded cape and a basket. That's all you need. Score! Keep it in mind for next year.

In other news, I keep forgetting to tell you all that there have been no further sightings of the snake, nor of its hypothetical 60 babies. THANK GOD.

Also: I'm still heartbroken about having to cut off all my hair. Gah. Ugh. Horrible.

And finally, I'm sort of glad it's a new month. I mean, I wish it were a warmer month, such as May or September, but last week was SUPER BUSY and I let quite a few things slide--book-writing (didn't do any), my strength-training workouts (boring), nutrition (cheese curls, frozen custard). I need a fresh start and to work harder at some of my goals (health, well-being), and a Monday that's also the first of the month seems like a good time to do that.

I will leave you with a quote from my 6-year-old as she rode home from our farm on Friday afternoon after school, wearing (along with her tights and jumper) Hello Kitty rain boots plus a mummy tattoo and her first Silly Bandz bracelet procured at her first-grade Halloween party:

Julia: I feel cool. And I don't mean cool like cold.

We should all feel so cool.

3 comments:

Mnmom said...

Jean must have your same hair issues - it's a mess in the bottom 3 inches. Lina put together a costume in 5 minutes from stuff around our house - that's MY kind of costume.

But I really do miss putting all kinds of effort into a really GREAT costume, like the year the twins went as trolls.

Mom/Nonna said...

Good luck to your non-sewing friends who want to try for the red cape next year. I don't think Red Riding Hood costumes are in vogue anymore. They both look adorable!

Rita said...

I have a friend who dressed her wee little two year old as little red riding hood and her (much older) son as the big bad wolf.

ADORABLE.