Friday, December 10, 2010

My Big News The Sequel

Coming next spring from Coffeetown Press, my second publication in a nonfiction anthology of great women writers...



Real Mothers. Real Careers. Real Conflict.

"Trying to strike the right balance between career and motherhood is one of the most stressful, heart-wrenching issues facing women today. In Torn, 46 women examine the conflict between the need to nurture and the need to work, and reveal creative solutions for having the best of both worlds. Their stories offer hope and inspiration, but also reveal the messy realities of modern motherhood and life’s inevitable crises, both small and large: from breast pump mishaps to battles with cancer; diaper blowouts to debilitating depression; competitive cupcake baking to coming home from war. In the end, the reader can take comfort in the knowledge that there is no perfect mother; nor is there a perfect balance when it comes to kids and career. The real challenge facing women today is not juggling their many roles, but realigning their expectations of what is possible and accepting that success does not equal “doing it all.”"


Remember back in 2009 when I got my first publication in a book--the anthology that was ultimately titled P.S. What I Didn't Say: Unsent Letters to Our Female Friends--and I couldn't believe that my lifelong dream of being a published author in an actual book that people could walk into a bookstore and buy had come true? Well, imagine how I feel now. My lifelong dream has come true a second time.

Torn is slated to launch next May. Spread the word, keep your eyes out for press about the book, and remember the title so you can buy it when it comes out. Pretty please.

No comments: