Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Morning, 6 a.m.



At times like this it's hard to believe that in July and August it's often--very, very often, if it's summer 2010--over 90 degrees outside.

In other news, I checked my running log last night out of a need to torture myself oops I mean curiosity, and discovered that I have been sick for roughly five of the past six weeks. See, the thing about being sick as a parent rather than in your previous, child-free life is that there is literally never a time you can retire to your bed for a solid day or two, call in to work, and get over your illness. Noooooo. Talk about a miserable experience that you don't even know is a blessing until you have children and realize that being sick can be A WHOLE LOT MORE MISERABLE. Seriously: what childless person lies in bed sniffling and moaning, thinking, Wow, I am so lucky I can actually lie down in the middle of the day like this when I'm sick.? No one. No one at all. But then you become a parent, and you get sick, and you're all like, omg I would give my left arm to be able to lie in bed for two straight days and do nothing but get better.

I would have to be, I don't know, on an IV to be able to lie in bed all day long.

Hence, the five-out-of-six-weeks sinus infection/cold/upper respiratory infection/interminable cough/sore throat/etc.

And hence the no running.

Which may be good considering the photo above.

(P.S. It is currently 1 degree above zero outside, with a windchill of 22 below.)

4 comments:

Mnmom said...

It gets better when they are older, but they still come in to your room and need checks for school, and rides to work, and help with the computer, etc. But at least you get to sleep while they are at school.

Joanna said...

What I wouldn't give for a genuine sick day. You are so right!

Rita said...

I... I...

I have no words. LOOK AT THAT SNOW!

The grass is *just* starting to turn yellow here. It was 30 degrees and windy this morning and EVERYONE was complaining about the cold.

I have a whole new perspective.

And on the sick thing? Amen. What I wouldn't give to lay in bed and just Be Sick.

Get well soon, sister!

Edrienne said...

Absolutely right. I am one week behind you with the cold that will not quit and no rest from the kiddos. On a side note, I also love looking at your winter pictures as they make me glad to live in the desert. Brrr!