Monday, January 31, 2011

Simple and Delicious Family Cooking: Homemade Crunch 'n' Munch


OK, so I admit this is not even close to "cooking." It's just a yummy snack. But I figured it fit into the category well enough. Or I could start a new feature: "Simple and Delicious Lame Non-Cooking Snack Ideas That Are Yummy But Something a Monkey Could Assemble." No?

Well, anyway. I don't know about you, but I'm about as likely to serve my kids Crunch 'n' Munch as I am to cut my hair into a pixie. It's just not going to happen. Therefore, my daughters don't even know what Crunch 'n' Munch is. Even so, I like to call this "Homemade Crunch 'n' Munch" because it sounds good. (Btw, I love Crunch 'n' Munch and have been known to snag a box when I see it in the dollar section at Target. Do they have it in the dollar section at your Target? I actually have a box of it in my pantry right now, unbeknownst to my kids. What? I'm done growing. I don't need nutrients anymore. (Kidding.))

All you do is combine popped popcorn (you could use air-popped if you want; we don't own a popper so I popped mine in canola oil), roasted salted sunflower seeds, and raisins or dried cranberries. Serve in individual bowls for a tasty snack. Salty + sweet + popcorn = kid heaven.

Enjoy! Then later on once your kids go to bed eat the real Crunch 'n' Munch from the back of the pantry.

2 comments:

Rita said...

OH! Good idea! My kids are crazy about dried cherries - so I give them roasted almonds and cherries for a snack. I bet they'd love for me to throw in some popcorn too!

Rita said...

Also? I've never tried Crunch 'n Munch. I figure it's best that I don't know what I'm missing.