Thursday, February 10, 2011

From the Ugly But Tastes Good Bakery

Today I decided to make some Valentine's Day candies that I'd seen in Parents magazine with Genevieve. The recipe had easy ingredients, and they looked so pretty:

soooooo pretty....


Um, yeah, well...MY Valentine's mints have a bit more character, shall we say?



First I had serious trouble with the sizing:

It's complicated.


And you notice that most of them don't even show all three colors:



Genevieve was unconcerned:



Toward the end I finally got my uniform sizing more or less figured out:


But they were my last nine pieces so it was a classic case of too little, too late.

Consider this your warning, that if you get some Valentine's treats delivered to your door sometime between now and next Monday, they may be a bit lacking in beauty. But they do taste good.

Oh, and also? Remind me next year to maybe not make homemade Valentine's candies.

3 comments:

Rita said...

I'll say it again: you should move to Oklahoma.

Not only are our winters less, um, AWFUL, but hey! we LOVE candy of all shapes and sizes.

Just sayin'.

Christopher Tassava said...

They were delicious!

Mnmom said...

Homemade is supposed to be imperfect and "rustic" - that's the beauty of it!