Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Next Year for Sure.

So yesterday I planned all day to make a heart-shaped meatloaf for Valentine's Day dinner. I was pretty proud of myself for even thinking of it. I often cook early in the day to get things ready for dinner in advance since the after-school hours get pretty crazy at times, but I didn't have time yesterday to do anything ahead of time. Which meant that, when I opened my ground turkey package and found that it was spoiled, it was an hour before dinner and there went my clever Valentine's idea.

So I made a last-minute fallback casserole. You can't make casseroles heart-shaped. Valentine's Day dinner FAIL.

Oh well--it's the thought that counts, right?

1 comment:

Marie said...

I didn't do diddly for V-day. I feel a bit guilty then remember that we usually boycott the day and all the retailers involved.
But casserole is good!!!! And yes the thought counts big time.