Monday, February 14, 2011

Second Book


You guys! I'm so excited. I got my author's galley copy of Torn: True Stories of Kids, Career & the Conflict of Modern Motherhood in the mail on Friday. (Do you all remember how ecstatic I was the first time I got published in a book, and that book came in the mail?) The rest of you will have to wait until May 1st to see it, but you can pre-order it on Amazon.com right now, remember (click on the book image over there on my left sidebar).

So, yes--I have an essay in this new book. It's called, "Is Never Good For You?" and the title is a nod to my all-time favorite New Yorker cartoon. But really it's about how crazy my life was when my daughters were two and four, and how I had to set priorities and let some things slide.


It's funny to read it now, because my girls are now four and six (sometimes it takes a long time to get something published), and in child-raising terms that kind of age change feels like about a million years. Well, in some ways at least.

In other news, it's finally above freezing in my town. Hooray! But, there's a High Wind Advisory. Because the weather CANNOT be undramatic where I live. Ever. Also, totally unrelatedly, I accidentally shrunk my favorite shirt in the dryer. Boo. So that's what else is going on.

Happy Valentine's Day, you all! Go order yourself a new book, why don't you?

2 comments:

Anne said...

Looks great! Congratulations!! and Happy Valentine's.

Rita said...

I will go right now and pre-order. Woot!

Also - it's supposed to be 65 and sunny ALL WEEK here. Which is great and all, but so WEIRD since this time last week it was 4 degrees and snowy. In fact, there are still huge piles of snow in the parking lots and yet I plan to wear short sleeves. I don't know what to make of this.... not that I'm complaining.