Tuesday, March 08, 2011

I Need It to Keep Me Warm.

So here it is early March, all gray and cold and snowy during a winter so trying that even my daughter's eternally cheerful nursery school teacher said to me the other day, "This winter just WON'T END, will it?" I feel permanently chilled, and it's a good week if I get outside for three runs (in other seasons it's four), and every cell in my body is lobbying for butter, sugar, and sleep--in any order and in any combination--like the relics of a caveman-life oh so many eons ago when it was important to gorge and then conserve energy. Butter, sugar, sleep. Eat, sleep, repeat.

And so today among the cooking and family lifestyle blogs I like to read, the stunning, gorgeous recipes are for Oreo Mint Brownies, and a salty-sweet Brown-Butter Shortbread. Mm-hmm. Clearly the universe is unconcerned with my hibernation-related winter weight gain.

We're supposed to get more snow today. I sense some baking projects coming on. I just need to locate some mint Oreos.

5 comments:

Mnmom said...

Don't buy the mint Oreos - they are addictive as all get out. Even my kids told me to never buy them again because they were that good in an evil sort of way.

You've been warned.

Mommy Lisa said...

We only buy the mint oreos to take to school programs, etc. Places where we LEAVE them behind. ;)

Rita said...

What are these Mint Oreos you speak of? I have never even HEARD of such a thing.

And, honestly, I wish I could "un" know this information. My thighs may never be the same.

*sigh*

Shannon said...

@Rita--I don't know; they were just discussed on this cooking blog for this brownie recipe. I assume they are out for St. Patrick's Day and I just have not looked for them in the supermarket. I'm afraid I'm going to have to, however.

Mnmom said...

They are at CUB every single day just TAUNTING me.