Friday, March 04, 2011

List

Sometimes I have so many things going on in my life--both good and bad--that I feel like I need to make myself a written list, so that when I wake up in the morning and feel disoriented about what time it is, what day it is, what's going on right now, what do I need to worry about or celebrate today, I can refer to my list. You know: jury-duty summons (bad; worry), currently able to run 7 miles at a time (good; celebrate), freelance job troubles (worry) leading to financial/income fears (worry), Christmas gift card to spend today at Target (celebrate). Genevieve's finally letting me braid her hair a little bit (celebrate). Family problems not discussable on Internet (worry). Book proposal (celebrate). Book publicity activities for other book, coming out soon (celebrate; some worry). Trying to develop my private wellness coaching business (celebrate/worry) to hopefully make some money (celebrate, eventually). Have wonderful Internet friends (not to mention in-person friends) who save my life time and time again (celebrate).

Do you ever get like this? Or is this just a function of my particular insomniac, addled, too-busy mom brain, the fact that I need a list to remember how to feel about my life at any point in time?

3 comments:

Rita said...

I live my life by lists. I don't know what I'd do without them. But I've never thought of using a list to sort of diffuse my worry. I think this is an excellent idea!

Anne said...

All. The. Time.

Donna said...

Lists... I live and die by them. They also stress me out.