Tuesday, April 05, 2011

I Think It Might Be....

Is it spring? OMG. Is it?

Our family just returned from a four-day trip to see family and celebrate my dad's retirement. Unfortunately, said family is 300 miles north of here, meaning that it was definitely still winter up there. When we left our town on Friday, most of the snow here was gone; our block was completely grass. When we pulled into my parents' neighborhood, the banks were knee-high, easily. There was a LOT of snow. Sigh.

However, when we pulled back into our own town yesterday, we noticed that the snow here--ALL the snow--appears to be GONE. Also? The sun was out. And it was 45 degrees. (I heard we missed the truly nice day over the weekend.) Even better, the temperature forecast for this entire week has the number "5" in it. Hallelujah!

Yes, so, Spring Break is over, such as it was, all cold and decidedly non-spring-like. But I am convinced that we have turned a corner here--in weather and mindset and mood and, what the hell, let's throw in a few more things like, oh, I don't know, productivity and writing and luck and...um...excessive consumption of carbohydrates? Surely spring is finally here, and things are looking up.

Right?

(Evidence: tomorrow I will have a second piece published on the homepage of BlogHer. Did you miss my first? It's here; check back often tomorrow and I'll let you know the second it goes up. Because I'm JUST A LITTLE EXCITED.)

1 comment:

Anne said...

Yeah! Congratulations, wow, quite the day of news from you.