Thursday, April 07, 2011

Video Trailer for the Book!

This is turning out to be an exciting week for me. First, my book reading for Torn: True Stories of Kids, Career & the Conflict of Modern Motherhood has been set (locals: mark your calendars for Wed. May 4th, 7:30 p.m., at Monkey See Monkey Read in historic downtown Northfield). I'll be joined by writer Katy Read, which is a real honor for me, since she's got a writing resume full of publications in places like Salon and Brain, Child. Impressive!

Then, yesterday a column I wrote about adjustment to stay-at-home motherhood was published on BlogHer. Woo-hoo!

And today, the video trailer for Torn came out! Editor Samantha Parent Walravens did an awesome job distilling the essence of the book down to a two-minute clip. And while I'm not one of the moms in the video, other writers from the book are, and I hope it whets your appetite for the stories within....so that you rush out and buy the book! (And, if you live nearby, that you come to the reading on May 4th!)

Here it is!

No comments: