Monday, May 09, 2011

Could Be Better

Several weeks ago, Genevieve picked up our digital camera to take a picture of something and promptly dropped it, hard, on our kitchen floor. When I picked it up, the protruding lens was bent off to the side like a broken nose. And since I don't know how to operate or upload photos from my husband's "spare" camera, this is why I haven't put many photos up here in recent weeks.

Which is really too bad, because over the weekend my six-year-old lost her first upper tooth. She had lost two lower ones a few months ago, but it turns out that it's really those uppers that contribute to the adorable mithing-tooth lisp and jack-o'lantern appearance. Very adorable.

The big news here is that we had one full day of sun and warmth, last Friday. Woo-hoo! You would not believe what a great mood I was in last Friday. The weather has since returned to its gray, dreary, rainy state, so, I don't know, maybe that was spring? Or was it summer? Is it autumn again now? If so, kill me. Just get it over with. I can't survive another 7-month winter.

There's really nothing more to say.

2 comments:

Rob Hardy said...

Supposed to be 80° and sunny tomorrow. Will that do it?

Shannon said...

@Rob: Thank you from the bottom of my heart for alerting me that the forecast has changed! The last time I looked it said thunderstorms all week. I will now live for tomorrow. It's even a running day for me!