Monday, May 02, 2011

Did You Miss Me On The Radio? You're in Luck.

Last week I was lucky enough to be invited on to Art Zany, an arts show on my town's local radio station, KYMN Northfield. Art Zany host Paula Granquist interviewed me about my writing, my life as an at-home mom of two, the new book I'm in that came out on Sunday, the book reading I'm doing this week in support of it, my blog, the book I'm writing about stay-at-home motherhood and self-care, and whatever else occurred to us at the time. It was super fun, and the 30 or so minutes I was on went by in a flash. I'd totally do it again! I love being on the radio, I've decided. It's awesome: you don't have to worry about what you're wearing or how your hair looks, as my friend Rita pointed out, and if you ignore the microphones, you can pretend you're just chatting with a friend. Awesome! I am super, super good at chatting with friends.

Oh, so anyway! In case you don't live around here and thus didn't hear the radio interview, and you're just dying to know what my voice sounds like, and if I have a Minnesotan accent, and how I really feel about mommy-blogs, my cumbersome last name, and always having company when I use the bathroom, click here to listen to the show. Make your kids be quiet, grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and enjoy.

3 comments:

Rita said...

Yay! I heard your voice!

Dave and I sat here and listened.

We've decided you sound smart. (Which is good, you know, since you ARE smart).

Rita said...

Also, once, when Susan and I were out having drinks, a woman wandered over and admitted she was a fan of Susan's blog and had been listening nearby because she'd always wondered what Susan sounded like.

So funny!

Shannon said...

Rita, you are so nice. I can't believe you and your husband both sat down and listened to the whole thing! Your husband is nice too. :) Also, that is a funny story about the woman and Susan's blog. I love the Internet.