Friday, June 17, 2011

The Big Reveal

I have been dying to tell you my news. You have probably grown to hate me bitterly, for telling you that my big news was coming and then failing to spill it for so long. Believe me; I wanted to spill it. But I felt like I needed to wait until things were really, truly official, and that took longer than I'd expected.

But now that I have my advance check in hand, I feel like it's probably safe to tell.

I HAVE A BOOK DEAL, YOU ALL!* Booktrope, a Seattle-based publishing company, wants to publish my Mama in Wonderland stay-at-home-mom survival guide, and a couple of weeks ago I signed with them.

Now. Wasn't that worth the wait?

*[Huge, huuuuuge thanks to Lori Culwell for her limitless help in this endeavor. Words fail.]

8 comments:

Karen said...

so awesome! congratulations!

Mom said...

We couldn't be prouder!!

Donna said...

Congratulations!
Totally worth the wait!!!
YAY!

Mary S. said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Rita said...

So so SO amazing!

I am SO VERY happy for you.

Elise said...

Wow! That's a big deal! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Shannon. I am so proud of you.
Shirley

Shannon said...

Thanks, everyone! You all have been so sweet and supportive. I am very grateful for every blog reader I have!