Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer Officially Begins


Hey, you all. I know I promised some big news soon, and I'm sorry I've leaving you hanging. But sometimes these things take time, and sometimes they even take more time than one expects. So forgive me, and be patient.

In the meantime, it's the last day of school in my town, and it's only a half-day. My first-grader comes home two hours early today, and she comes home a second-grader. First grade was good for us. I'm going to miss it. She had this teacher who was too amazing for words, just the perfect teacher for my daughter in every way. And next fall, when I wait outside at 3:27, Genevieve will be getting off the school bus too. (Afternoon kindergarten, yo.)

But in the meantime, we've got a whole summer ahead of us. I'll tell you more about that next week, our first week of summer vacation. No doubt we'll be lazing around in our pj's until 10 a.m., and going to the pool every time it breaks 70 degrees. So I'll see you on the flip side of the last day of first grade.

No comments: