Monday, August 29, 2011

Stress Management

This is what I posted on Facebook this morning:

"
Between my psychologist license renewal (always an exercise in stamina for bureaucratic nonsense), my running injury, the upcoming start of school, Genevieve's separation anxiety, my upcoming rescheduled jury duty, my book rewrites, my lack of time to do freelance work but my associated need for income, and the fact that my license renewal costs $550, I am a stressed-out WRECK."

Let's just say that late August is generally not my favorite time of year. There's something about falling behind on every single task that you're supposed to be doing because you just don't have enough time that kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Then again: in one week I'll have three kid-free hours each day in which to do them. I assume I'll suddenly complete all important projects in a day or two and then spend the rest of the kindergarten year with my feet up watching The Dr. Oz Show every weekday afternoon.

Right?

Am I right?

No comments: