Friday, September 09, 2011

Mama Essentials, Part 3

Lastly, in my series of essential life-changing products for busy moms, a very recent discovery: Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist. (Once again: Garnier is not compensating me for this post.)

In looking for a heat protectant spray at Target the other day, I happened to see this non-aerosol pump in the hair products aisle and thought I'd give it a try. I flat-iron my hair any day that I wear it down, because although my hair was naturally stick-straight prior to my pregnancies, ever since the hormonal maelstrom of pregnancy, nursing, and weaning, it's been a crazy mix of some-straight, some-wavy, all dry, and all frizzy. Nice.

Simply put, this spray is AMAZING. I'm used to the flat iron, but this product takes it to another level. It truly gives you sleek, shiny, Gwyneth-Paltrow-straight hair. And the effect lasts a few days, too (assuming you don't wash your hair every day -- which we all know I do not do). I had to touch it up a bit after the first day, but for the most part, my hair still appeared straight and non-frizzy, even after a busy day and sleeping on it all night. Wow!

If you're one of those lucky people who wakes up with nice-looking hair or can let your hair air-dry without scaring the people around you, you won't need this product. But if you're like many moms, your hair needs a little help and your mornings are insane. A product that makes your styling tools work better and their effects last longer (read: so your subsequent few mornings may be somewhat less insane) is a boon to any mom who wants to look just a little more like Gwyneth Paltrow. I can't be the only one, can I?

2 comments:

Questionable Housekeeping said...

You won't believe how excited I was to see this post. I've been on the lookout for a heat serum for my hair for months now, but they are SO EXPENSIVE. I grabbed this at Target today (thank you!), and I can't wait to try it. Plus it was so cheap--less than four bucks! I, too, have crazy post-pregnancy wave, annoyingly only in the back of my hair. Awesome. So I straighten it when I'm going out in public. PS - I wanted to post this comment earlier in the day, but my 20-month-old spilled water on my keyboard, and my spacebar and several numbers no longer worked. A very long day of computer/software/keyboard/mouse/monitor shopping later, I once again can do this . Did you see that? Spaces!!!

Rita said...

I'm buying this TODAY! Yay!