Thursday, October 20, 2011

Enough About my Assets

Well, were you wondering about the state of my behind? Sadly, I am currently limping around like an old lady. But that's only because after a cortisone injection in your hip (maybe anywhere, I don't know), you typically feel worse for a few days before it starts to feel better. So I'm not concerned. I will say this: I'm not a big fan of cortisone injections in my "assets," as my across-the-street neighbor says. First of all, I had to get two injections, and because one of them involved an ultrasound to figure out exactly where to place it, the procedure wasn't exactly quick, and it involved extra people in the room. One of the people was the ultrasound tech who did my daughter's kidney ultrasound the morning before. She was like, "Huh? What's up in your family??" Actually the other two people were the least of my concerns, since they were both women and besides the nice ultrasound tech, the other was my doctor's very sweet and solicitous grandma-age nurse. Love her.

OK, this is way more than I wanted to talk about my cortisone injections. You may not believe me, but I do not enjoy talking about my rear, nor anywhere surrounding it. Let's just say this: it could have been worse, but it was fairly horrifying. And let's also say this: that thing better work.

Now that yesterday is over, my daughters are on school vacation for the rest of the week. We are hosting a small Halloween cookie-decorating party at our house today for a couple of my friends and their children. Julia and Genevieve and I need to make and roll out/cut out the cookies this morning so they'll be ready to ice and decorate this afternoon. With seven little girls between the ages of 1-1/2 and 7 years old at the party later, there is likely to be much hilarity, mess, and sugar consumption. Just as it should be for Halloween.

Oh, and in case you're wondering how late my daughters slept today, since it's no school and all? That would be 5:45 a.m. Mmmm-hmmm.

[Have you entered my giveaway for 25 free Shutterfly holiday photo cards yet? This is your last day to leave a comment to enter! Your odds are really good, have you noticed? Do it! I'll draw three winners randomly on Friday and announce it here. You'll need to e-mail me if you win, so be sure and check back to see if your comment was picked!]

3 comments:

Rob Hardy said...

Clara had two cortisone injections for lower back pain. The first one wore off after a couple of months, and she needed to get another one. The second one cleared up the problem, and she's been fine for almost two years since then. She thought the doctor was fantastic, especially since he was able to quote Latin poetry.

Rita said...

Oh honey. I had no idea the injection was going to be so complicated! I've had to have cortisone injectionsmunder my kneecap (which was NOT pleasant). But as least it was fairly quick.

You poor baby : (

Shannon said...

@Rita: Neither did I! But I survived. It's probably good I didn't understand beforehand just what it was going to entail. I would have canceled for sure! ;)

@Rob: Well, any doctor that can quote Latin poetry has an awful lot going for him, doesn't he?