Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Rot Your Teeth Out. Go On. Do It.


I just made Candy Corn Fudge with Genevieve for two gatherings later this week. (Note: the magazine photo's fudge is way prettier than mine. They put less candy corn on the top, so more white chocolate showed through. I followed the recipe measurements, people!)

It makes an 8 x 8 pan which is supposed to result in 64 servings. Although I think I may need some sort of special tool to cut pieces that small, now that I've made the recipe I can see why. It involves two cups of powdered sugar and three cups of white chocolate chips, for one thing. (Among other ingredients.) And one cup of candy corn on the top.

Never fear; there are also pretzels, dried cranberries, and cream cheese in there too. Grains, fruit, and dairy! You're good!

3 comments:

Mom said...

I think you'll get 64 "bites" out of this pan. I saw the recipe and thought it looked great for bake sales, etc., in the fall. Glad to know I should use less candy corn.

Nonna (Proud Nonna) said...

I must comment that Genevieve's mama was sent home from kindergarten with a backpack full not only of books but of book report forms to keep her busy while the others were learning to read! Level 18, hmm? It's only a matter of time till her teacher figures out that book report forms will keep her busy longer...

Shannon said...

@Mom: Yes, 64 pieces is totally right, it's just that it's really hard to cut, so rows that narrow are VERY difficult. Yes, be sure it only use about 1/2 cup candy corn and sprinkle it on rather than layer it on. Leave enough white space that it looks pretty and also so you can cut it easier. Take it from me. Also: I think your 2nd comment was meant for my post above this one, right? :)