Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Bite Me, Running Injury. Also Winter. Also My Hair.

At the risk of sounding whiny and morose...oh, who am I kidding? I have no qualms about sounding whiny and morose, you all know that. Let's start over.

THIS RUNNING INJURY PRETTY MUCH BITES.

Listen, people, for many years I have used running to dispel stress and feel better about any number of things that may be bothering me. Non-runners won't understand, but fellow runners surely will: you can go outside feeling anxious, angry, broke, fat, stressed, depressed, or panicked that your hair is falling out, pound out a good long run, and come home feeling ten million times better. Not only does it actively fix the anxious, angry, fat, and depressed parts, but it also makes you feel less stressed and panicky about whatever it is that it can't fix (hair falling out, broke).

The cortisone injection helped, but not completely. I'm better than I was in May, but I still can't run more than a short bit, a few times a week, and even then my hip protests somewhat (which is how I know I can't run more than a short bit). There is no going outside and running for an hour and coming home lighter (figuratively and literally, actually).

As my five-year-old would say (loudly and with much scowling and growling), UGH!

No comments: