Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Came Early: The Book is Out!


Oh my goodness, lovely readers.

Remember how I told you that I'd be making a big book-related announcement on December 26th? Well, guess what? You're getting your after-Christmas present early, because the big event actually happened TODAY.

Awhile back, my publisher informed me of the thrilling news that my book, The Essential Stay-at-Home Mom Manual: How to Have a Wondrous Life Amidst Kids and Chaos, was selected by Barnes and Noble (BARNES & NOBLE, YOU ALL!) for their "NOOK First" program. This means that, for its first month of release, the book is available in electronic-book form through Barnes and Noble only, and will be marketed and promoted heavily and exclusively through B&N. (You can also buy the e-version for other e-readers, although not the Kindle. But if you have a Kindle, you could still buy the e-book to read on your computer, or on your smartphone with a NOOK app.) After the initial month, the book will be for sale as a physical, paperback book--as well as in electronic book form--not only from Barnes and Noble but anywhere you normally buy books.

The release date was slated to be 12/26, but instead, the e-book came out today. TODAY.

My book is out today. Through BARNES AND NOBLE. Who wanted to promote it exclusively for its first month of release. OMG!

Cue lots of squealing and jumping up and down with excitement.

So, do you want to see it? Click here to go to the B&N NOOK page featuring my book. Then, please, join me in some squealing and jumping up and down.

A long time ago, I told my now-book publicist Lori Culwell that I would be happy and fulfilled if I could just write this book and give it to my daughters one day when they are grown and are moms themselves. If nothing more came of my book idea than that, I would still be satisfied. And here it is, not only finished but for sale and promoted by Barnes & Noble.

Pinching myself. Christmas, indeed.

3 comments:

Rita said...

I plan to purchase both the e-book as well as the hard copy... Just as a show of support! Because OMG YOU WROTE A BOOK !!! (exclamation points times infinity)

Shannon said...

Rita, you are the best online friend anyone could ever have! :) I just hope one day we meet in person b/c you know we'd have a ball. Thanks for ALL your support!

Heidi Mann said...

So, so, so EXCITING!!! Congratulations!!!! I plan to give a few copies of the print version to moms I know who have little ones at home.

Merry Christmas, sis! We're proud of you!