Saturday, December 24, 2011

Clearing Up a Few Things

My daughter says, "Please buy my mama's book! It's good."
(Why yes, I AM fine with using my children to sell books, in fact. Aren't you?)

Thanks for all the love, you guys! Truly, the outpouring of enthusiasm, excitement, and support for my just-released book has been overwhelming. Many of you have contacted me via e-mail, Twitter, or Facebook just to share in my joy, and for that I am so grateful.

I've had a few questions, though, about this whole Nook thing. I hope I can clear a few things up here. The most important thing to know is that, YES, the book will be available in other formats, including as a "regular," paper book, from other booksellers.


You do not need to own a Nook to ever buy or read my book, nor do you even have to own an e-reader of any kind (I don't!). My book was chosen by Barnes and Noble for a special Nook promotion (thanks, B&N! it's an honor!), but that just means that for the book's first month of release only, it is available through Barnes and Noble only, and through Nook only.

If you have a Nook, awesome! But if you have an iPad, that's fine too! You can read a Nook book on your iPad. You cannot, however, read a Nook book on your Kindle. But you'll be able to, eventually--in one month, in fact. And if you're a hard-core old-fashioned paper-pages book reader, like I am, do not fear! The actual, hold-in-your-hands paperback book will be for sale in one month, available everywhere.

So what I'm trying to say is, on January 26th, my book will be out in paperback form, AND as a Nook e-book, AND as an e-book for every other platform, through any bookseller you normally use to buy books. Order it online, ask for it at your favorite bookstore, whatever. January 26th, OK? I know it's hard to wait. But in the meantime you can buy the Nook book version for all the moms you know who own Nooks or iPads or Nook apps on their smartphones, and ask them to review it on the B&N site (especially if they have loads of wonderful things to say).

Is that better? Makes sense now? I hope so. You all are so lovely, so sincerely excited for me and excited to read the book--you're the best.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to each and every one of you. You have blessed my life this year!

3 comments:

Mnmom said...

This is just so exciting!!!!!!

Heidi Mann said...

And you can read Nook books on a PC or Mac too, w/ the appropriate app downloaded. I have a Nook for PC app myself....

Questionable Housekeeping said...

I just downloaded it yesterday. I can't wait to read it...once I get a moment to myself. I noticed the book isn't listed on GoodReads. Any chance you can get it added? It would be another way to promote the book!