Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I Don't Get Sick Often; I Just Get Sick BIG.

OMGGGGGGG. Why oh why do I feel so sick?

Yesterday I felt better for awhile. I got dressed in actual clothes, drove my daughter to and from a playdate, ran a quick errand, and did two loads of laundry. But it was all a charade. Or an illusion? A mirage? I don't know. It was a trick. Later in the day I felt as crappy as ever, and this morning? I feel even crappier than that! And today is the day of my daughters' holiday cookie parties and Winter Sings at school--the highlight of the year for them (and for me).

Let me tell you a little bit about this strange virus. First, I am sure I am no longer contagious, since I've been sick since Sunday. I'm sure whatever contagion may have been clinging to my being is long gone. And I'm not coughing, or sneezing, or anything normal and upper-respiratory like that. So I look fairly normal, albeit pale and a bit disheveled. The problem is, I feel horribly nauseous (but do not throw up, THANK GOD, because if you know me well you may recall that I have a terrible phobia of vomiting; I would rather do just about anything in the world but vomit. And I realize no one likes to vomit, but my dislike is more along the lines of hysterical. And now I think we should stop talking about it). I have no appetite whatsoever, I'm no doubt dehydrated, and am so tired and weak that when I'm feeling really bad, it is truly challenging to climb the stairs. I've been going to bed at 7 p.m. every night, but the only thing it seems to do for me is make my back ache from the many, many hours spent sleeping. Ugh!

I don't think this is influenza, since a.) I got a flu shot in mid-November; b.) I don't think influenza is a tummy bug; and c.) my friend Connie had this same virus--or a version of it--last week and recovered without any real drama. But whatever it is, I want to sock it in the face.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Oh honey : (

I hope you feel better soon... There's nothing worse than being sick at Christmas.