Thursday, December 01, 2011

Short, Busy Days

Sorry for the infrequent writing here; this week has been super busy! I think it's just coming off the holiday break and all. My kids are back at school this week of course, with the usual homework and school commitments, and I will be volunteering in both their classrooms--up until now it's just been the kindergarten room--for the first time this week (continuing weekly for the rest of the year). Combine that with bringing my kids and myself to dentist and doctor appointments, starting to address the Christmas cards, hosting a little get-together for moms and kids, decorating the house for the holidays, and catching up on grocery shopping and cooking and baking, and....well, no time to blog. Which is probably fine because I don't have that much to say.

The things that fill my life and use up my concentration these days are things that are not unique--in fact, they may be ones you struggle with, too: not enough money to pay the bills, myriad health problems, challenging child behavior. Nothing new, nothing special. But I have noticed that they really take it out of me, physically. I've been more tired this week than I have in a long time--the kind of tired that isn't about a bad mood or frustration, but just about the day having taken every ounce of energy out of you.

So I'm trying to focus on the SUPER! EXCITING! parts of December--i.e., my BOOK COMING OUT SOON (wheeee!!!!), and the fun of experiencing the holidays with my daughters.

How are you doing, as we jump headlong into December? Busy, crazy, excited, calm? Keep me posted.

1 comment:

Rita said...

This is exactly why I haven't blogged lately.