Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crying Like a Baby.

Oh, hello there.

Excuse me while I stumble around and squint at the sun and rub my eyes and ask what day it is.

I've been MIA for awhile. Oh, I've been here, at my house, writing and working and taking care of children (who were off school AGAIN yesterday, believe it or not) and cooking and running and all that. But I seem to have lost all the time in between to reading Momastery.

A couple of weeks ago someone passed around the essay Don't Carpe Diem on Facebook, and then it sort of went viral and suddenly it was everywhere: on Huffington Post, on everyone's FB Wall, in conversation at the coffee shop. Awhile later I decided I'd better investigate this Momastery blog and its author. And I've been down in the deep ever since.

I can't help it. I'm hooked. I'm completely obsessed. One incredible post leads to another and another and another and I look up and it's time to meet the school bus and I realize I just spent the entire afternoon reading Glennon. I keep following her links back to old posts and combing the archives and trying to find it all out at once: who is she, what's her story, how can she be so amazing, why does she make me cry every freaking time I read her? I'm a woman obsessed. I keep linking to her posts on Facebook and sending her posts to my husband at work and my friends while they are trying to get things done around the house. Then I demand that they tell me if they cried.

So now I've done it to you. You're welcome. I'll see you in a week or two when you come up for air.

1 comment:

Sue @ Laundry for Six said...

I've been doing the same thing. It's crazy, but damn, that girl can write!