Wednesday, February 01, 2012

"The Essential Stay-at-Home Mom Manual" in the News!


Awhile back, a writer from my local newspaper interviewed me about my new book, The Essential Stay-at-Home Mom Manual: How to Have a Wondrous Life Amidst Kids and Chaos, and about the experience of stay-at-home parenting. Today the feature ran in the paper.

An excerpt:

“Becoming a stay-at-home mom was much harder than I’d expected or heard, even though at the same time I loved it madly, too,” said Tassava. “I figured that if I felt that way, most likely a lot of other stay-at-home moms felt that way too. What if I could laugh and cry and empathize with those other fellow at-home moms about this crazy-wonderful experience, and then also use my psychologist skills to propose strategies for making the rough parts easier?”

A “survival manual” of sorts, Tassava’s book provides suggestions for creating a healthy and satisfying experience of at-home mothering, combining professional self-help advice for better self-care with real-world, practical strategies. Along with tackling issues like mood, stress management, sleep, nutrition, fitness, relationships, and finding balance, Tassava also provides ideas for kids’ activities, for staying mindful and even for managing housekeeping chores with greater ease.

Click here to read the full story.

[Book coming soon soon soon, so unbelievably soon, so so so soon, it's practically here. Hang tight, faithful friends.]

No comments: