Thursday, February 09, 2012

Flowers and Chocolate

I'm sick, friends. Stay home in your jammies with bedhead and wander around the house downing ibuprofen and antihistamines and zinc lozenges sick.

I started getting this cold on Monday night but (foolishly) thought I'd dodged it. In fact, by 7 p.m. on my birthday I was miserable and ready for bed. I went to sleep at 7:30.

So, you won't be seeing or hearing from me on the Internet much today. I'll be busy entertaining Genevieve with children's television while I lie on the sofa and moan softly every now and then.

But I wanted to show you something before I do that. This is what came for me yesterday:


Birthday flowers from my husband and daughters. Aren't they beautiful?

And if that weren't enough, from my long-distance BFF Veronica, a dozen ginormous stawberries, fully enrobed in chocolate, rolled in chopped nuts and mini chocolate chips, and packed in a complicated box of padding and ice packs and instructions for enjoying them fully. (Um, stuff them into your mouth while the juice runs down your chin? No?)


I don't think the photo does them justice. They are seriously each the size of a child's fist.

So, I can handle being sick on (and after) my birthday. It is a small price to pay for a birthday that started the day prior with the full release of my book and the book's Amazon sales rank of #28 in its category by my birthday eve.

I leave you now to go claim my space on the couch. In the meantime, if you have read my book already, or when you do, and if it is something you enjoy(ed), I hope you might consider writing a quick review on the book's Amazon page (note: there are separate pages for the paperback version and the Kindle version, in case you are searching for the Kindle). Publishers love to see favorable feedback shortly after a book is released. Just a gentle suggestion.

Have a wonderful day, my dears.

1 comment:

Heidi Mann said...

Bummer! Get well soon! (Hm...since notice of your blog posts usually gets to my email inbox a few hours late, and I don't remember to check that box every day, maybe you already are better. Hope so!)