Monday, February 27, 2012

Parenting Comedy Show

As every parent knows, kids--especially very young kids--are a fantastic source of humor and hilarity, the kind of hilarity that counters the less pleasant parts of parenting--the sleep deprivation, the middle-of-the-night vomiting, the newborn projectile pooping. Once your children are old enough to speak and thus crack you up endlessly, the parenting entertainment factor spikes considerably. Here's an example of a conversation in my house recently (and no, the funny part isn't how ignorant I apparently am regarding ancient history/biology/geology).

Julia: Mama, were there people around millions of years ago?

Me:
Millions? Um...no.

Julia: Just animals?

Me: Um...I think dinosaurs?

Julia: What about billions of years ago? Were there people around then?

Me: No.

Julia: What was there back then?

Me:
Just....the earth. Land, and...everything was probably in an ice age then. I don't really know.

Julia: No people or animals?

Me: No.

Julia: Just earth and ground and water. Nothing else.

Genevieve
[chiming in to the conversation]: And just one tiny piece of string that could talk.

4 comments:

Mnmom said...

Love that kid

Rita said...

Laughed out loud. Srsly. Scared the dog.

Heidi Mann said...

Oh my, that is hilarious!! (So is Rita's comment! I laughed out loud at that, too!)

Heidi Mann said...

Oh my, that is hilarious!! (So is Rita's comment! I laughed out loud at that, too!)