Thursday, March 01, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

Oh my, friends. You have been so patient with me as I've been sick and busy with other things and not writing here as often as usual. I so appreciate it.

I wish I had all sort of glamorous and dramatic and interesting things to tell you today. I mean, maybe some of them are interesting to you. If not, I apologize in advance.

So what's been going on around Wonderland these days? Well, I was sick for about 2-1/2 weeks, after which I was well for about two days, then sick again for another four. (Blah, blah, boring, boring.) My daughter got sick too, only she had a serious fever, and because both my children have a congenital urinary tract abnormality, fevers for them are substantially more worrisome than fevers might otherwise be. (She's fine.) She and I spent a lot of time lying on the couch together, watching PBS Kids and cartoon movies. Actually I've been concentrating on spending more time with my children in general, and less time online, because Genevieve will be in all-day school in just six short months, and you never get those months back. I've been thinking about that a lot lately--looking at their little bodies and rounded faces and realizing that it's my job to be here with them and fully experience this time with them right now, because once it's gone I will never see it again.

But even so, there is book promotion to do, so I lost some time to Pinterest, and if you're into that kind of thing and would like to follow me there, you can click here. I created a Facebook page for The Essential Stay-at-Home Mom Manual, and you can Like that here, if you are so inclined (and I hope you are).

What else? I was offered a blogger position for a fun women's magazine in my area (I said YES). I was approached about another job, one I am still in discussions about and won't go into right now. I updated my new professional website, because I'm developing my part-time private coaching practice (check over there for more info). I got a book reading in April at a Minneapolis-area bookstore called The Bookcase, which is super exciting because this bookstore gets major, famous authors like Jodi Picoult. The fact that they want little old me to read at their store this spring is mind-boggling, and it's going to be really fun, so if you're from the Twin Cities, consider coming to meet me! I'd love it.

And then my friend Rita--whom I adored even before she did this--said wonderful things about my book on her blog, which is all the nicer considering the fact that she and her kids have been horribly sick, which, as we all know, makes everything ten times harder and more exhausting. And yet she still has time to plug my book. Rita told me last year to ignore the winter/stress weight I'd gained, consider it necessary extra resources, and quit torturing myself by trying on swimsuits that reminded me of the winter/stress weight I'd gained, so, you know: LOVE. HER. (She also has the most gorgeous hair you've ever seen.)

I'm sure there's more--there's always more--but I'll leave you with this for now. And if this post wasn't entertaining enough for you, go back and re-read this one, from Monday, because it is hilarious.

No comments: