Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Happy May Day

Oh, you guys, I still don't have a working computer! Other than this loaner from my husband's office, I mean, which is limited in its usefulness to me because, of course, it doesn't have my bookmarks and my photos and other things on it. So, I'm continuing to largely do other things instead of work (or play) on the computer, which for the most part has actually been very refreshing. But it's still sort of a pain. Especially because I have an exciting collaboration with Sally at Already Pretty coming up, but I need my own computer to work on it. (I'll let you know when it happens.)

Moving along, it's May Day today! Now, if you're one of those people who responded to this post with, "Whaaa....?" you may want to read it again to refresh your memory of what the heck I'm talking about. As a Minnesotan mom, May 1st means that at some point today I'll be taking my daughters to sneakily deliver May baskets to neighbors and friends and run away before they answer their doors. (In reality, since we drive to some of our friends' places to deliver, they always see us because we have to return to the car, climb in, buckle carseat straps....all of which hinders the whole "quick, run as fast as you can before they see us!" element.)

It's pretty fun.

I've got a million and one things churning around in my brain and my life at the moment, and I miss talking to all of you, I do. But I'm not really in a position to sit down and do a lot of writing and communicating right now, so forgive me. In the meantime, remember that Mother's Day is coming soon, and my book sure would make a perfect Mother's Day gift for you or a sister, friend, cousin, or sister-in-law expecting a baby or already a mom of young children, staying at home with her kids full- or part-time or even just considering stay-at-home mom-hood or wondering what it would be like, and especially any mom you know who could use some encouragement and guidance in taking better care of herself and thus living a more fulfilled life as a mom. I will love you forever if you buy a copy.

Happy May.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, park around the corner to preserve the surprise element! ;) I love May Day!!

Rita said...

I miss u and your computer ; )

And strangely, I've never heard of this fun tradition. Is it a northern thing? Hmmmm.