Monday, June 04, 2012

First Official Day of Summer Vacation

birthday waffle

Hello, friends! It's officially summer vacation. My children woke up at 5:40 this morning, how about yours?

Since I last wrote here, life in my house has been one big blur of end-of-school and 8th-birthday celebrations: ice cream cones, summer sun, flowers, balloons, grandparents visiting, presents, butterfly cupcakes, outside play, walks to the park, buttercream icing, new toys, school mementos, photos with friends, report cards, hot dogs and movies, wrapping paper and ribbons.

We still have family staying at our house, I'm solo-parenting this entire week, and my to-do list for birthday-recovery and summer-vacation-starting is a mile long, so this will be it for today, but I'll post some birthday party photos soon and will hopefully have time to write more later this week. Still can't believe it's been eight years since I became a mom.



1 comment:

Heidi Mann said...

Unbelievable to look at that darling baby pic and then at that lovely young woman (well, *nearly*!!)!! She's growing up so fast!!! (Don't they all?!)