Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Update

Update: podcast is done. It should be up on Dr. Sophy's website soon if you are interested in listening.

It was fun, and Dr. Sophy and my fellow guest were interesting to talk to, but I will say this about one part of the discussion: I'm sorry, but if I, as an at-home mom, can manage to watch the kids, do tons of enriching activities with them (ABC Summer, for example!), AND keep the house relatively clean and the cooking and laundry taken care of, so can at-home dads. I think we do a disservice to the male of the species when we don't assume and expect that they are as capable as we are. So when dads say, "No, I didn't clean up the house, I was busy with the kids!" it doesn't fly with me. I'm busy with the kids too, AND I clean up the house. Because I multi-task. Dads are capable of that too, I'm sure of it. Perhaps they just need to practice. I'm not saying it's EASY. But the at-home moms I know do it literally all the time.

Now do you want to listen?


2 comments:

Rob Hardy said...

To be fair, dads have important complaining to do, and that takes a lot of energy.

Shannon said...

Do you all see why I love Rob so much?