Monday, July 02, 2012

Love, Love, Love. (Or: A Frivolous Post About Hair Product.)

You guys, I can't help myself, I just have to show you photos of the wonder that this is Kerastase hair product I raved about in my Summer Must-Haves for Moms post. You know, the Cristalliste Lumiere Liquide Luminous Perfecting Essence for Dry Lengths or Ends? I think I spelled it wrong the first time. Anyway, I've been using it for a month now and I'm just as amazed as I was the first time I tried it, after getting some as a gift from a friend. Look at what this stuff does to my normally dry, straw-like, summer-fried hair:

(Arm, back, and shoulder muscles brought to you by Jillian Michaels and 
her 30 Day Shred. Hate it but you CANNOT argue with the results.)

Can you see those soft, shiny, glossy ends?!

 There's probably a better way to take photos of the back of your head, but I do not know it.

OMG!

In case you were wondering, my hair NEVER looks like that, normally. Generally, during the summer, the ends of my hair resemble a worn-out broom or the chewed-on bristles of my five-year-old's toddler toothbrush. Lovely.

Truth be told, I don't know if photos really show you the effect very well, and no, Kerastase is not sponsoring this post in any way. I'm just so amazed that I feel compelled to share my discovery with the world. Of course it wouldn't be a bad thing if Kerastase was moved to show their appreciation in some way for the free, personal-testimony advertising--such as providing me with a surprise case of this liquid gold. But really, I just wanted to show you. Because when I saw the ends of my hair looking like this, my mouth fell open. And my kids just weren't appropriately excited for me. "Yeah, Mama, OK, whatever, can we have ice cream for snack?" may have been their response.

I love you, expensive hair potion. You make even tired, harried, unkempt moms look pretty. Even if they're still in their pajamas at ten in the morning.

No comments: